Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Automatic Updates

• Please log in to reply

~2isted~

~2isted~

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Was wondering if anyone has had issues with Automatic Updates turning itself off. My Auto Update turns itself off and the shield appears in my task bar. I click it and turn it back on, and it turns itself off in a few seconds. I go to Security Center and it tells me that Auto Update is turned on. ?????????? Not sure what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers: ~2isted~

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try setting it to notify you there are updates but not to download or install the updates...
then when it does tell you there are updates...see if they will download and install..
this is how I set all the computers I work on..I even recommend they let the updates set for a few days so if the updates have been causing problems for other people...(those with it set to automatically update)...MS has time to figure out the issue and fix it...

~2isted~

~2isted~

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thankyou for the reply. I am replying to this on my Iphone because I can not seem to open this site on my PC. It is very slow in responding to certain web pages, and I keep getting pop ups. is there anything i can do to fix this problem or anyone who can guide me though a fix of some sort. Thanx ~2isted~

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you need to go to the malware forum...start here...if your still having problems after those steps...post a hijackthis log here...

~2isted~

~2isted~

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank You for the link. It helped me a lot My Pc is Good to Go! Many Thanx!!!!!

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your welcome.... :)