Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Restarting Xp Errors

• Please log in to reply

Loopget

Loopget

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Allrights,Well I Read The Restarting Xp Or Something,Its Stickied So Youll Know What Im Talking About,Anyways I Put That Magical Little Disk In And Ran Into These Errors Along The Way

Allright So I Did The Thing Where You "Press Any Key To Run Cd" And You Pick Either Repair Or Start All Over Again........Anyways I Picked The Start All Over Again One And Then Got This Posted Image

Now Im Not Sure Why I Have 2 And If Anyone Could Explain This It Wold Be Very Appreciated,
Then As Soon As I Hit R I Got This Posted Image

After I Accept That Screen A Yellow Bar Pops Up Saying That Its Working And Will Be Done Shortley,After Its Done Its Happy Little Loading Process I Get This Error InstantlyPosted Image
Posted Image

Then Around 30 Seconds After That I Get Yet ANOTHER Error
Posted Image
Heres The Log
Posted Image

PS: Sometimes It Asks For An Administator Password,I Have Tryed EVERYTHING! From Blank To Admin,From 40235 To Artep It Always Says Its Wrong,Any Ideas?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
On the 2 OS'es i would tend to think you have more than 1 cd-dvd drives in the computer, plus maybe a second hard drive partitioned into multiple drives. My compaq has a C os drive, D recovery drive, E dvd-rom drive, F dvd-rw drive, G 1st partition on a second HD and H 2nd partition -2nd hard drive. Extra drive letters may also be caused by leaving USB devices attached while trying to install windows. Apparently you still have even more drives unless you have set the drive with the windows CD as the "J" drive manually. I disconnect everything but what is needed when reinstalling the OS. I may have to later reinstall drivers and such but at least the OS does install.

It may be simply that you upgraded your computer to SP2 and are trying to use a SP1 CD to install with. The SP1 cd won't install as it sees that your computer has the updated SP2 version. More than likely you will need to wipe the hard drive and then use the windows CD to install.

Heres a microsoft article on asms.

http://support.micro...?...;SPR=WINXP

SRX660