Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CoD 2 Error Please Help :"(

• Please log in to reply

SinHaze

SinHaze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and I have a problem with my CoD 2. A while ago instead of uninstalling the game I just deleted it (yeah I know.... stupid xD I rly regret it lol...) and after that I noticed I couldn't reinstall the game. So my friend told me to delete all the cod2/activision files with "regedit" so I did. But now when I want to install CoD2 I get some kind of error.
The error description is :
"Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid.
C:\WINDOWS\Installer{D0A05794-48C2-4424-A15A-9F20FCFDD374}\2057.mst"
This is really bugging me because I've been at this for like 2 months and I should've tried to find help earlier but now I really really miss playing this game so I'm pretty much desperate for help now :)
Anyway I hope this is enough info for you guys, if any of you are able to help me you have my eternal gratitude ^^

Thx A Lot

SinHaze

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
run the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility to remove the Windows Installer registry settings, and then reinstall Office. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Use the Add/Remove Programs tool in Control Panel to remove Office from your computer.
2. Download, install, and then run the Windows Installer CleanUp utility to remove the Windows Installer registry settings associated with your products installation.

For additional information about how to download, install, and use the Windows Installer CleanUp utility, click the following
http://support.micro....com/kb/290301/

3. To use the Windows CleanUp utility, follow these steps:
a. Click Start, point to Programs, and then click Windows Installer Clean Up.
b. Select the program that you want to remove, and then click Remove.
c. Click OK, and then click Exit.

RudeHades

RudeHades

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I think call of duty is a game full of problems. Un-install things and re-install them just to get the thing to work. What a giant pain in the @ss

SinHaze

SinHaze

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
reinstall office? but what did I do to the thing that I have reinstall office? I mean isn't office with word, powerpoint and stuff?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Don't worry about the office part, I just copied the instructions as listed on the microsoft kb article. Just go through the steps of using the msi cleanup utility.