Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard no longer working

• Please log in to reply

fortune82

fortune82

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
Search for "Code 19" on google, and that is the problem i have with a wired dell usb keyboard. the mouse and every other usb device works fine. i'm actually using the onscreen keyboard right now, and i'm running vista home premium.

i need help ASAP because this is my grandma's PC and she doesnt understand computers all that well.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Assuming you've tried another keyboard...

A Device Manager Code 19 error says that Your registry may be bad. (Code 19)

To check your registry, click Check Registry. If the registry is bad, Windows will restart your system and go back to a previous registry that is good.

Solution button: Check Registry

This code means that the registry returned an unknown result.

To resolve this issue, follow the recommended solution, which will run Scanreg.exe. If this does not resolve the issue, type "scanreg /restore" (without quotation marks) from a command prompt. Finally, remove the device from Device Manager, and then redetect it using the Add New Hardware tool in Control Panel.

fortune82

fortune82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
Funny thing, how this fixed itself. I checked Windows Restore, but it had never been run before, so I couldn't restore anything. So, as I sat there, wondering what to do, Restore randomly popped up saying, "Would you like to restore your PC to an earlier date?" Flabbergasted, I clicked "Yes," and now my PC is as fresh as the 16th.

Weird.

Thanks for answering, though, Mr. Jones!!