Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slowww boot up time

• Please log in to reply

dallenx

dallenx

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

Included is my hijack log. Seems most of the hang is after windows sign on before desktop items pop on. I see several items on the tsk mgr that seem unusual. The waol.exe will get up close to 100,000kbs. Also one of the svc.host will get high. I have eliminated some items in the past in msconfig but that action seems not to help. I have rechecked them to startup again. I have 1.58 G ram avail and 20G hard drive avail.

Your site has helped me greatly in the past year to resolve several issues. Thanks. This is my first venture into this info realm of my pc. 2 weeks ago i didn't have any idea what a hijack this was, and still have many questions.

It is cool that you guys volunteer your knowledge. Thank you a Tera.

UPDATE 7/20/08.....Made some changes in some programs so I deleted the log from 7/18. I am redoing the tasks before I submit the log. will repost log later today.....Just wanted not to waste your time yet. Thanks for your understanding and help...

Dallenx

Edited by dallenx, 20 July 2008 - 03:33 PM.

Advertisements