Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

SoundBlaster Live 5.1 problems

• Please log in to reply

THOF

THOF

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Just did a fresh install and now my SoundBlaster Live 5.1 seems to not know what it is anymore.
I still have normal 2 speaker sound but no wolfer or surrond sound. I can not install any of the Audigy software anymore it says there is no SoundBlaster card in my system. Iv tried all of teh slot sin the pc with no change XP views the card as Emu10kx Audio [A800]. This isnt the first time the card has done this but i dont know why it dose it. It did this one time before and stayed that way for a year or so then one day out of the blue it decided it wanted to show up as the 5.1 card and let all the surrond sound and audigy features work. Any idea of what it might be?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Sound blaster Live5.1 is NOT a audigy card. If you are using audigy drivers it does not work very well at all. You must download legacy drivers from the Creative website. you will need to find the creative playcenter download. It has the correct SB live drivers.

For the cost it might be better to buy a audigy card. It sounds like you might have a weak circuit on the card.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16829102002

SRX660