Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GeForce 8600GTS with AS 19" LCD HD Ready TV

• Please log in to reply

Adio

Adio

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Ive recently bought a new graphics card (XFX GeFORCE 8600GTS) Dual DVI might i add

before i bought this i had a 6600GT (again dual DVI) running fine with my Acoustic Solutions 19" LCD HD Ready TV, no display problems at all.

The TV has VGA and HDMI, i had my 6600GT card connected to my tv with a DVI (from the card) -> HDMI (to the tv) cable and it displayed fine at 1440x900 which is the tv's max resolution

...you'l have to bare with me as im not very knowledged abou this stuff =P

but when i replace the 6600GT with the 8600GTS i get display problems (for example, most resolutions seem out of scale/proportion.... going out of the desktops region etc.

and ive tried lots of things, someone mentioned copying a byte code from the tv information (using Phoenix EDID Designer) into a .INF file in the nvidia drivers before installing to get around this problem but it has not worked.

Someone else suggested PowerStrip, but i cant seem to find anything on there that can help me.

before this problem arised, i was running my 6600GT fine through the HDMI connection at 1440x900.

but after the installation of the 8600GTS, i dont even have that resolution to choose from =[

im extremely puzzeled and in need of some expert advise please

thanks..

Advertisements

Adio

Adio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
am i going to get a reply to this? :)