Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Very Very strange issues.. I need HELP!

• Please log in to reply

fr33zypop

fr33zypop

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Ok so i have my desktop pc hooked up to my 47 inch Toshiba LCD TV as a monitor. I haven’t had any type of a problem until today. I go and switch over the inputs of my TV to PC from playing XBOX all day. I saw just a black screen showing no input. Pretty much like the same message a tube monitor would say when its on and no PC is turned on or not pluged into one. So I got a little pissed and thought it was something to do with my video card so i switched to using the yellow RCA wire to hook to my PC and to the LCD. I no this worked cause thats how i used it before i got the VGA cable. So when i cold boot the system i see the BIOS splash page and then is goes to the windows boot screen with the blue box filling to the right then goes black. It does it on both RCA and VGA connection. So I jumped on to my laptop to log in the desktop from www.logmein.com, i have used it for a week now and its never had a problem. So I log in and when it says i am connected to the PC alls i see is a black screen. So i start mesing around and clicking on crap and i can tell that its booted into the desktop and i can access my shares off it no problem from laptop and with my Xbox media shares. So the last thing i did was try and boot off a Linux live CD, now i know i have run into a resolution issue b efore with linux booting. But it does the same thing. Gets to the oragne box filling up and then goes no input on the TV. So I then tried to use my laptops VGA connection to connect it to my TV to see if it was the cable or the PC. Well from what that came back was that the TV isnt getting a proper signal. I defaulted the TV back to all original settings, Xbox shows up perfect. So I really dont know what to do at this point. I am going to try and get a PC monitor tomorrow and connect it that way but i am sure it wont work. I am thinking its got to do something with the video card but I think I would be able to see the desktop when i log into the website. PLEASE HELP..

Advertisements