Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Themes and Styles !?!?

• Please log in to reply

Ryan 109

Ryan 109

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Orite people ,
sorry if this post is out of the blue and in the wrong section , but i have a laptop currently, which came with vista , but i am bored with it , and i fancy a little change , like get a new theme or style to it. But when i try to do it , i cant seem to get it working , any of yous no what i can do ?? , thanks in advance :).

Advertisements

scorpysue

scorpysue

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Have you tried going into "control pannel" and opening "display" or "theme" and then messing with different colours, sizes and themes?

Ryan 109

Ryan 109

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I do not mean changing the colour of the setup or anything, i want to change the style as in like a transformation. As i have seen on many sites there is downloadable themes and styles , vista users can use. I tried to download them and install them but it didn't work. I just thought somebody on here would have already heard or done this issue before but ovb not.

scorpysue

scorpysue

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hey....I tried :)

Ryan 109

Ryan 109

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I know , thanks anyway.

scorpysue

scorpysue

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Good luck :)

Makaveli213

Makaveli213

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • MVP
Hello,

In order to get the theme and styles to work you have to patch your UXTheme.dll in order to replace the themes and get them working.

Cheers,
Mak

Ryan 109

Ryan 109

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
hello,
in English please :) ???? haha.

Ryan 109

Ryan 109

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
hello Makaveli213,
the instructions you have just layed out , could you refomat them so , someone like me could understand please.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
If you have vista ultimate try using some of the dream scene content and can download some cool vidoes from here..

http://www.winmatrix...showtopic=12200

Also try turning the windows taskbar to Autohide, then download rocket Dock from http://rocketdock.com/ and then you can use that for all your icons, bit more stylish :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

SpuD

Ryan 109

Ryan 109

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
hello spud ,
I think i have purchased vista basic. It looks really cool though :) and i would have enjoyed having that theme on my laptop !. Thanks anyway.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
Sorry i forgot to put you can still use Rocket dock on anyversion of Vista, and just look for some cool background images on google or use some of these ones...

(Screenshots of Some of the Dreme scene stuff.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also for what Makaveli213 said, try looking here http://www.softpedia...SP2-Final.shtml

I wouldnt use Theme changers myself as i had a bad expirence with them but if you get them working they are great!

Hope this helps!

SpuD