Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard processing causes crash.

• Please log in to reply

RobK0000

RobK0000

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I recently formatted my pc since i thought it was due for a clean up. Well, now that i have a clean slate, i installed my programs and a few games along with updates for Vista and my hardware. Since the format, ive been getting crashes and alot of freezing up during intense gaming or process useage. All the games i had before worked great, and the games NEVER locked up.

Let me describe what exactly i am seeing, for example, i play alot for Armed Assualt and this game uses a TON of processing power. During a big combat scene or something that takes more effort for the computer the games freezes and then the screen starts to go into a vertical looping session. So, i restart my computer. Then when i get back into my desktop it will usually freeze up and i will get a bsod with an error that says "Clock inturrupt was not recieved from secondary processor". I have never heard of this and i am willing to bet its either the processer or my graphics card.

this is a copy of my error report
Product
Windows

Problem
Shut down unexpectedly

Date
7/20/2008 3:06 PM

Status
Report Sent

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
Mini072008-02.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 101
BCP1: 00000061
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 803D1120
BCP4: 00000001
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1