Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My First CPU Build, would like some opinions

• Please log in to reply

Tman1386

Tman1386

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Let me know what you think, any advise would be appreciated. Thanks!

http://secure.newegg...shListTitle=CPU

Advertisements

steveie85ca

steveie85ca

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
I would suggest the following parts as replacement for the ones you have listed:

Motherboard's

Intel BOXDG35EC LGA 775 Intel G35 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

or

GIGABYTE GA-P35-S3G LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

RAM

Kingston 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

or

CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Those are just 2 of the top choices each. I have seen too many Asus boards come back dead that I had to switch. Also OCZ ram can be very flaky. I would hate to see anyone spend that much money and have the ram not last as long as it can. Kingston and Crossair are the top 2 in my eye's.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
There are a few things that I'd suggest. Firstly, I need to know what you intend on using this computer for.
Do you intend to overclock? Game? Browse the internet? Only use office applications? Video/photo edit?
James

Tman1386

Tman1386

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I am looking to do gaming initially but then eventually (once i get the software) I will be using 3D engineering programs and also interested in some video/photo editing. I am nowhere experienced enought o do overclocking, I am still unsure of what it exactly is.