Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Build Feedback

• Please log in to reply

Iceman77

Iceman77

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am looking to build a system primarily for engineering applications(Mathcad, Minitab...etc), CAD(Solidworks), and for HD video editing and file conversion. This system will not be used for gaming(at least minimally) and the primary reason for the upgrade from my previous system is due to improved video editing.

I am looking at the following core components:

Case: Cooler Master Centurion 5 - Blue ATX Mid-Tower Case with Front USB, Firewire and Audio Ports Tiger Direct item # C283-1086

CPU and MOBO: Intel DG31PR Motherboard CPU Bundle - Intel Core 2 Duo E4700 Processor 2.60GHz OEM Tiger Direct item # MBM-G31PR-E4700

CPU Fan: Masscool 8WA741 / Socket 775 / Copper Core/Heatpipes / CPU Cooling Fan Tiger Direct item # S457-1116

Power Supply: ThermalTake / PurePower W0100RU / 500-Watt / ATX 2.0 / 120mm Fan / 20/24-Pin / SATA-Ready / PCI-E Ready / Power Supply Tiger Direct item # T925-1177

Video Card: EVGA GeForce 7600 GS / 512MB GDDR2 / SLI Ready / PCI Express / DVI / VGA / HDTV / Video Card Tiger Direct item# E145-7866

Most of the other items will be used from my previous computer. I am mostly concerned with how the CPU, MOBO, and video card will due with video editing?

I would appreciate any thoughts and comments anyone has with the above items, or other possible options. I would like to stay under $400 for the CPU, MOBO, Video Card, Case, and Power Supply.

Thanks in advance!!!

Advertisements