Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

network cabling how much twists

• Please log in to reply

noor parkar

noor parkar

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
hi all,

i need your help. recently we did cabling i.e connectivity from switch to servers. and we routed the cables in the rack. we routed the cable neatly but customer said you have not done right cabling.They said it should be 23% or 23 degrees bend but you have done 180%. what is it?
further these cables should be bend or not. if can be bend then how much. i put all cables together and routed properly with cable ties also. but i bend the cables also.. but how much bend will not disturb signal transfer.

i hope you understood my question

thank you in advance

noor
UAE
Customer service engineer
www.cns-me.com

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Providing the cable isn't bending to a point where the wire is frayed and also providing it isn't regularly bent and stretched and generally abused, it really shouldn't matter. It's not as if you're going to go into the rack on a daily basis and gaze at the state of the wiring is it? You'll only go in there on occasion to diagnose wiring issues, not admire how they were done.