Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop Hardrive Cannot Turn On, Please Help

• Please log in to reply

q_lil_grl

q_lil_grl

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hi, Please help me!!!

4 days ago my computer was working perfectly fine. Until yesterday when I tried turning it back on, it doesn't work. Usually when I press the "on" button, a blue light lights up. This time when I press the "on" button, there was a blue light that lite up but only for a split second and then the light was gone. I tried pressing the "on" button a couple of times afterwards, but there was no response. I checked all of connections but I did not find anything suspicious. I even disconnect everything from the hardrive and directly connect it to the wall outlet, but the results were the same. Please tell me my motherboard is not crashed!!! I have some very important files inside the hardrive, so I am desperately looking for help. Please teach me how to recover the hardrive. Please.

~q_lil_grl

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Easiest and fastest way would be to put the drive in a different computer. Either an external enclosure or directly in another PC. Then you can copy your files to wherever else you would like. What you are looking at with your PC is most likely a board or power supply failure. It should not have affected your hard drive.

And here comes the big rule when having files that you can't or don't want to lose:

backup, backup, and then backup again

Edited by Titan8990, 21 July 2008 - 10:49 AM.