Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Office 2007 Open Dialogue box issue

• Please log in to reply

diggeryo

diggeryo

• PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
I recently did a format and fresh install of Windows XP. As a result, I also did a fresh install of Office 2007. My Windows XP is Professional SP3 with all the latest updates. My Office 2007 is SP1 with all the latest updates.

The problem I'm having is that, when I go to open a file, and type a file name into the "File Name" box of the Open dialogue box, the past things I typed in are NOT saved, so I would be able to access them from the drop down menu rather than having to retype them in again. I do have one directory name saved in that drop down list, but nothing else is saving. These are text which were saved on my previous instance of Office 2007 before the format, but for some reason are not saving now.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
mike.

Advertisements