Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win Anti Virus Pro 2008 [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ericpark

ericpark

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I just got the Win Anitivirus Pro 2008 stuck in my computer. I have tried installing Hijack This but it won't let me. All that comes out is a one of those wait things and then it goes away and nothing happens. I have tried loading it on safe mode but it won't work. It wouldn't load anything.

Advertisements

RatHat

RatHat

Ex Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 7,829 posts
Hi there,

Welcome to GeeksToGo. My name is RatHat, and I will help you get through the process of cleaning the malware from your computer.

OK firstly, I need you to print out each post I make so that you can refer to it while we fix your computer. This is because there will be times when you are unable to be online to read my instructions, and I will want you to do everything very carefully. I also need you to follow my instructions in the order that they are given. If however, you cannot carry out one of them, please continue on with the next and let me know what you were unsuccessful with. Please ensure you turn off word wrap in Notepad. To do this, open Notepad, choose Format, then Un-check Word Wrap. (Word Wrap makes reading your log difficult).

Next, I would like to make sure that you can view hidden files and folders;
  • Click Start.
  • Open My Computer.
  • Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
  • Select the View tab.
  • Under the Hidden files and folders heading SELECT Show hidden files and folders.
  • UNCHECK the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
  • UNCHECK the Hide extensions for known file types option.
  • Click Yes to confirm.
  • Click OK.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.

Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your Desktop.
  • Close all other windows before proceeding.
  • Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.
  • When it has finished, DSS will open two Notepad files: main.txt and extra.txt
  • Use Save As to save both Notepad files to your Desktop and post them in your next reply.
Note: A copy of these files can be found in you root drive, usually C:\Deckard\System Scanner\

So in your next reply, please include the following logs:
  • The contents of the MBAM log
  • The contents of DSS main.txt
  • The contents of DSS extra.txt
Regards,
RatHat

ericpark

ericpark

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have downloaded the programs on my labtop put it on a hardrive and put it into my desktop, but it still will not load in safe mode or normal mode.
Also I don't think I can update any of the virus files because the virus stopped any of my virus programs from updating. My AVG can no longer update even though the internet is on.

RatHat

RatHat

Ex Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 7,829 posts
Lets see if you can run MBAM without updating the Virus Definitions. Let me know how it goes, and post me the log if it runs successfully.

Regards,
RatHat

RatHat

RatHat

Ex Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 7,829 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.