Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Blue Screen - Never seen it before

• Please log in to reply

mypenry

mypenry

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Ive just booted up my computer and all I get is this blue screen , no matter what I try on the key board I can't get the blue screen to go away
even if I reboot , the blue screen comes back , I am running Windows XP Home . can some one please tell me what I have to do to get back to Normal

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC03803.JPG
  • DSC03806.JPG

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

It looks like you have a problem with the ATI video card in the computer. First download the latest drivers for your card and burn the drivers to a CD. When you can get the computer to boot normally you will need to delete the ATI drivers out of device managerr and install the new drivers.

To get it out of the restart loop, try hitting the F8 key while it is booting ( may take multiple tries) to get to the windows where you can pick safemode or last known configuration. Try last known first, and if it does not work try safe mode. Delete the ATI drivers in safe mode and reboot. You should get a very crappy 16 bit windows default video mode. You can now install the New ATI drivers you downloaded.

If the constant rebooting occurs again you will need to replace the ATI video card, because it has gone bad.

SRX660

mypenry

mypenry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
SRX660 .. Many Thanks for your reply , I will now give your advice a try , fingers crossed :)

Appreciated .... mypenry