Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Services and controller app

• Please log in to reply

styz19

styz19

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I know this has been discussed before but I cant follow other peoples topics they dont make sense to me, I need to see that my problem is the same as others. I get this message Services and Controller app has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the incovenience. When I click for more info it says this Error signature- szappname:5.1.2600.2780 szappver:5.1.2600.2180 sz modname:esent.dll szmodver:5.1.2600.2780 offset:0001baf2 and the technical info is C:\docume~d\dj\locals~1\temp\wer63de.dir00\services.exe.mdmp C:\docume~1\dj\locals~1\temp\wer63de.dir00\appcompat.txt. When I first encountered the problem and closed the window there would be a message that the computer would shut down in 60 seconds and it would shut the computer down but now if I close or debug the message the computer gives the 60 second message but doesnt shut down.I have no idea what is happening, but the message can sit on the screen and the computer runs properly but I dont know if it is running at full capacity. I just move the message to the side and keep using the computer. Hopefully someone can give me hand to fix this annoying message.
Thanks in advance
DJ

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you need to go to the malware forum...start here...if your still having problems after those steps...post a hijackthis log here...