Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor is White? HELP

• Please log in to reply

JoeyLong

JoeyLong

• Pip
  • 9 posts
When I go to boot the PC it goes white and if i restart the monitor it goes back to normal for a few seconds...I've tried different PC's and different cables so I'm assuming it's an issue with the monitor. any suggestions would be helpful...THANKS

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
sounds like the lcd panel is going bad.... If that is the case it may not be worth fixing.

JoeyLong

JoeyLong

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
That's what I'm starting to think to but I was hoping against hope that it wasn't true.

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
well if it goes white that means the backlight is working and that the invertor is supplying power so next would be screen....

JoeyLong

JoeyLong

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
So would you recommend fixing the screen or just buying a new monitor?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Quicker to replace it than mess about with it.

robbo85

robbo85

• Pip
  • 4 posts
does the screen fade to white or just switch straight to white if it fades , then its most likely a contrast fault which would be worth getting fixed , if it switches straight over then you might have a dry joint on it either way if its a good one and worth a bit its better to let someone have a look at it , could just be a dry joint or a faulty potentiometer, good luck

JoeyLong

JoeyLong

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
It goes straight to white, I've decided to chuck it and get a better one. thanks for the help