Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SESSION5_INTITIALIZATION_FAILED

• Please log in to reply

rgram

rgram

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
Blue screen computer error upon booting up with added dialogue by me
“A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.”

“Session5_INITIALIZATION_FAILED”

“If this is the first time”….no this was not the first time, apparently, but the kids did not tell me about it. The just would restart and it would be up and running again until the next time it happened. ) If this screen appears again, follow these steps: F8 for Safe Mode is suggested on the blue screen, but can’t get safe mode to come up.

(No new hardware or software has been installed lately, but there has been a lot of gross, unsavory sites visited, ((I have confiscated all computers in the home and everyone is grounded from Internet use)) which I think is the source of the virus problem. The unsavory usage has been going on for approximately 2 months using this computer. Apparently the laptop had been acting funny lately upon booting with an orange colored spyware site scanning the computer immediately with lots and lots of infections showing up with which it offered to clear them if you buy their software. But I only became aware of this ( with total confession from the culprit!) just before the computer totally crashed…It won’t come up again, and I can’t get on with “safe mode” even by F8.)

“Technical Information”
***STOP: 0x00000071 (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

“Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact you system administrator or technical support group (that’s YOU!) for further assistance.”

Can you help me? I am NOT computer savvy AT ALL, and I am feeling quite stupid that this happened at all....I am glad that I have had a wake up call, and if you can help me, then I am going to put up the strongest parental guards there are on the computers.

Advertisements

rgram

rgram

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Hi, I was able to resolve this by F12 while booting when it quickly popped up in the top right hand corner of the screen before putting up the bsod. Then I clicked on "last known configuration" and I was able to get on. Now I have posted another topic in the malware/HT forum and want to delete this one. I am not sure if this is how you do it, but I didn't want someone trying to figure out this post and replying to me when it was resolved. Thank you so very much.