Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dependencies,1068 Firewall Problem

• Please log in to reply

Vicious26

Vicious26

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I have windows Xp and i have this problem when i go to windows Security Center i go to firewall it says "IT CANNOT BE DISPLAYED BECAUSE THE SERVER IS NOT RUNNING" then it ask me do i want the service to run i click yes then it says "WINDOWS CANNOT START THE ICS SERVICE" i went inside the Services By Run Feature services.msc went to Security Center and Clicked Start it says 1068 error the dependency service or group FAILED TO START can someone please Help Me With This

Advertisements

Vicious26

Vicious26

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Also I have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Atf Cleaner,Hijack This Trend Micro Edition and Zone Alarm Firewalll my and i checked for MICROSOFT updates at the website like the malware page told me to do my zone alarm is the only thing protecting me computer along with AVAST anti-virus the firewall often gets high risk attacks but my computer runs fast and perfectly normal but whenever i scan with anti-virus i often have a lot of problems,Afar from this this is the only problems with my computer i just need to be enable to do windows firewall because zonealarm doesetn start on everyones username on this computer

Vicious26

Vicious26

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Also I Have A Lot Of Start Up Programs Disabled

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Uninstall ZoneAlarm and see if Microsoft's firewall is working. It was disabled by ZoneAlarm and should start working automatically when ZoneAlarm is uninstalled. If it works as it should then reinstall ZoneAlarm and see what happens.

You mention that you have many problems with your Antivirus. What sort of problems? Does it find malware or is it not functioning? If it's not functioning uninstall Avast and reinstall it. If it finds malware please post in the malware forum (a link in my list below).

Vicious26

Vicious26

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
NAHH I CLEANED MY pc pretty good..but i cant just use zone alarm for ever i dont have any problems.... with my anti virus... and it didint work before i had zonealarm my windows firewall wouldent work

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Could you translate what you wrote in the previous post? I honestly don't understand a thing.

Vicious26

Vicious26

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I Said My Comp Is Somewhat Clean But Regardless My Firewall never worked before or after zonealarm was installed,well it worked but i guess it stopped within the last 2 years.

Vicious26

Vicious26

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Your Response?