Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows repair

• Please log in to reply

kim7958

kim7958

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've incurred the blue screen of death. It seems the only way to fix it is to repair my windows xp. I've inserted the cd and got as far as choosing repair and now i'm stuck with a blue windows XP professional setup screen that says along the bottom "exmaining 57216 MB Disk 0 at Id on Bus O on atapi..." The screen has been saying that for over an hour. PLEASE HELP!

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Well you can start over again. Try hitting the Esc key to see if it will back out. You may have hit the R key too soon. Did you follow the instruction we have exactly? If it wont stop try ctrl-alt-delete, and if nothing else just hold the on button in for 10-15 seconds unlit the computer shuts off.

http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html

There it says to first hit the enter key and NOT the R key. Then you press the F8 key, and if the CD finds the OS it will give you the choice to press r to repair it.

SRX660