Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Elder Scrolls IV problems on new laptop

• Please log in to reply

Gornsilt

Gornsilt

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Alright heres what happened... I had an old 5 year old hand me down IBM that broke down because of a graphics card issue, so when I go to replace it I get my favorite type of computer, a Toshiba Satellite, I don't know there's just something about the Satellites is just awsome to me. Anyway back to the point... so I get everything of mine transfered over (which isn't any more that 4.5 Gigabytes) and then decide to install Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion. First my disc driver gets corrupted by another program because I forgot to install my anti virus and I had to fix that. Then when I got that fixed and removed the unwanted program I installed the game... then when every I would change any of my settings outside of sound or difficulty it would boot me off. Now the new problem is that weather I start a new game or load a file nothing but my hud shows up... I tried deleting the game and reinstalling it but that did me no good.
Now I'm stuck with my favorite game not working on the only computer in the house that is rightfully mine and I have to deal with my little brother (who I have given permission to play the game) getting futher then me right from the begining.

If any of you happen to know what on earth is going on and/or how to fix it I would really appriciate the help.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
First, go Here and run the analysis. Also, please make sure you have all the patches installed for the game.

Lizard_man

Lizard_man

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
you should try the obse launcher, basically it's like a seperate launcher for oblivion, used for certain mods, might solve your problem.

http://www.tesnexus....ile.php?id=6696

read the comments and description first.

Edited by Lizard_man, 29 July 2008 - 11:20 AM.