Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Bogged down with spyware programs....

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
Would like to get some info on running spyware/malware programs.
At the moment i have..ad-aware,spybot,malwarebytes,spyware blaster,spyware guard and super anti spyware (all free versions) and think maybe(lmao) im bogging myself down with too many.
if anyone could recommend which to use and which to get rid of i would be a great help
thx jack

Edited by jacktro, 22 July 2008 - 09:24 AM.

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
malwarebytes,and super anti spyware may fight if they are both active at the same time...disable one and then just use it as a scan on demand tool...I used spybot search and destroy for years but I no longer use it or install on clients computers...to buggy and finds and removes only a small percentage of malware...
also remove (uninstall) spyware guard....it has bogged systems down in the past

all the others are ok and play well with each other