Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computeruler wont turn on!

• Please log in to reply

computeruler

computeruler

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
my computer was working fine yesterday and when i went to turn it on today it wouldnt turn on! nothing happened! no sounds lights fans nothing i tried a different place to plug it in still nothing i tried taking the power switch cord off on the motherboard and putting a screw driver on the 2 pins still wouldnt turn on i tried touse a different psu (all i plugged in with the different one was the 24 pin thing on the motherboard) still didnt work so it must not be the power supply or the case power switch so all that leaves is the motherboard right?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
When you replace the power supply if the board has a separate 4 pin connector (the black and yellow 4 pin one) then that must be connected otherwise the board will not power. Some boards will start a fan but do nothing, others won't do anything at all.

What sort of computer is it? eMachines?

Edited by Neil Jones, 22 July 2008 - 02:01 PM.

computeruler

computeruler

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
hahaha i just relized i put computeruler wont turn on instead of computer cause im so used to logging in with it lolol

its a self built pc i plugged in the extra 4 pin the one that is part of the 24pin connector right? the part thats in white

Posted Image