Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

previously had "backdoor.trojan"

• Please log in to reply

xhobbesx

xhobbesx

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all, I recently ran Symantec client security and it found a trojan "backdoor.trojan," which it removed. However, after the deletion, my computer started to load and play really slowly. I figure that my computer is already compromised by this trojan and any further attempts to find the virus is useless. I downloaded a program called "Threatfire" and ran a full scan and i found this threat "sequence - Packed/Molebox" found in my System Volume Information folder. I dont know if these problems are related.

It also seems that my computer also runs very slowly and when I check system processes, explorer has a really high memory usuage.

My questions are: Is there a way if I can find out if my computer is compromised by the "backdoor.trojan" and should I format my hard drive (would be hard because I think both of my external drives may be infected).

Thank you for reading.

Edited by xhobbesx, 22 July 2008 - 09:40 PM.

Advertisements