Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

The Folder Path ' *INSERT WORDS* ' cotains an invaild characte

• Please log in to reply

RubyLaketen

RubyLaketen

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok. So. I'm having this problem installing things. Both through CD and through download. I have set up an example for you! This tends to show up when the game or program does not have a 'Browse' button for me to choose the path. ( I think. ) because, I had this problem installing a game called Mabinogi, but I fixed it by picking out where I wanted it to go. You know how it is. Anyway, here is the example of the problem. The only thing not in a picture is the 'setting up install' but, that, I know, is completely normal.

Posted Image

OH! and I forgot that it first starts out. ( When the CD boots up ) That it asks for a language. Normal though.

I press Install. Nothing is asked.

Posted Image

I enter my CD key.. serial.. whatever.

Posted Image

BOOM!

Then I have to press OK and it goes and tells me that nothing on my computer has been changed due to pre-mature (O_o) canceling.

THINGS TO KNOW!

I had once changed my language and regional settings to Japanese for a very stupid reason and had recently changed it back to English/United States. Please note that when you change it to Japanese the / in the path becomes a yen sign. Hopefully I am making sense. If I am breaking any rules, I'm sorry, I probably forgot a rule or two already.

Please help! ^^

Oh and the reason I have the CD open in the background of the install.. Was because I was trying to see if opening a different way by clicking the different icons would work! Such as autorun or install. It's not illegal. I promise.. :3

Edited by RubyLaketen, 22 July 2008 - 04:58 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The software is trying to install to a folder with a question mark in the path. Question Marks are not legal characters in a filepath as so far as Windows is concerned. If you've changed the language typically question marks are used when a character isn't available in the language set currently used.