Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Killer network card?

• Please log in to reply

sandman01086

sandman01086

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Just wondering about these Killer Network Cards: http://www.killernic...comparison.aspx are they worth getting? In CSS i notice that people are killing me before they are coming out from behind a corner. Will I see much of a difference or is it just loads of money for nothing? Opinions appreciated and if you have one even better :)

Cheers, Jim

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Is 300 bucks worth it for a game? Thats the only opinion I have :)

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

In CSS i notice that people are killing me before they are coming out from behind a corner. Will I see much of a difference or is it just loads of money for nothing?

You have to also realize that people hack on games. Not everyone does it but you can never know for sure whether or not that person could see you behind the wall....

sandman01086

sandman01086

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
i'm pretty sure they're legitimate players as I know some of them in real life. I think it could be case that they have a fast upload speed.

"You get network updates faster than before, so that you can see the bad guy a split-second before he sees you." (www.killernic.com)

That quote seems to me what is going on, so I was just wondering if anyone could say they've used one and if it makes a difference, and is it worth the large amount of money?

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
Well it could also be the speed of your overall internet connection, and yeah is $300 worth it for a game?

sandman01086

sandman01086

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
my overall internet speed connection is roughly 6mb down and 500kb up, which is not bad from an 8mb connection, i reckon the money is worth it as i spend a lot of time on games really, pretty sad i know :)

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
Okay good!! Well if you think its worth it go for it! :)

I no how anoying laggy games can be! haha

SpuD