Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

What laptop is good to buy...

• Please log in to reply

loser

loser

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
I know a girl who is going to college and needs a laptop.
What computer would you tell her to buy?
She doesn't have much money. She just will be typing papers, doing some research on the web, email, myspace, and not much else.

Is it good advice to simply say: Go to dell.com and buy the cheapest one they have?

Thanks to geekstogo members in advance. The best source I know for computer help and answers.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
I would NOT tell her to go to dell and buy the cheapest they had.... cheap dells are just that CHEAP. Have seen many come through with various issues including dead lcds ( might as well buy a new laptop )!!!! Personally I'd check out toshiba... walmart has some good deals at times... if it can be afforded I'd also get an extended warranty and being for college if you can get a no fault warranty ( ie you dropped it no problem )

loser

loser

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Hey,
I'm writing from Marquette, MI.
THANK YOU very much for the advice.
Much much appreciated.