Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ram Upgrade: Hp Brio Ba200

• Please log in to reply

Windows 95

Windows 95

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
I have an HP Brio Ba200 running Win2k. I got it for free. It currently has 94 mb of ram and runs like a turtle. Is it even worth upgrading to 256 mb of ram? And anyone know here I can find 256mb of ram?

I am using right now a Compaq Presario 5000 with 191mb of ram.

Specs:

Processer: Intel Celeron running at 700/66 mhz
Ram: 191 mb
Hard Drive: 11.2 gb

Would my compaq be a better upgrade to get 512 mb of ram?

EDIT: I just went to crucial.com and ran their scan. It is only a marginal speed bump in performace for the Compaq, and the max the brio can hold it 94.

Edited by Windows 95, 22 July 2008 - 10:18 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If Crucial say the Brio will only talk to 94Mb, then it will only talk to 94Mb and if the machine can only talk to what is effectively next to no memory compared to what you get these days would suggest the memory is so old it's not worth bothering with.

The Compaq - realistically ME doesn't need any more than 192Mb for most users, but again the computer is so old I wouldn't buy any more memory for it.