Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A Novice Building A Pc....continued

• Please log in to reply

Rich

Rich

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
:D Well,i just finished my pc from scratch and everything went good up until when the pc boots up,and it performs a memory test that doesnt want to stop unless i press the (ESC) key.It also doesn`t display the cpu speed and model,but the funny thing is it will display the cpu speed and model when i shut down the pc,and fire it up again,but it wont display the cpu specs on a normal boot up..I would like to thank geeks to go for there help with my project. <_< :D

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Congratulations! (Well, almost :D )

:D A couple of ideas:

Easiest first step, clear your CMOS. Either using the onboard jumper to reset BIOS, or by removing the battery and unplugging for at least 5 minutes.

Are you using ECC memory? If I remember correctly you're building a two CPU system. I think you need to use ECC memory with most dual processor boards. Might want to check your manual and your memory for compatability.

If neither of the above works, the best thing to do at this point is bench test your system. Removing everything from your case, and install just the CPU, memory, and video card. If it still doesn't boot, check your power supply, RAM, and CPU's (in that order). If it boots, continue installing components until it fails, or if everything works on the bench it was likely a case short.

Hope this helps. :D There's great satisfaction in building your own system, but there's almost always some bumps getting your first system going. <_<

Rich

Rich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
<_< That did the trick with the memory not stopping,but it displayed the cpus at p2 500 and not at p3 500.When im in system properties it displayed p3 500`s which i thought was odd,and Upon boot up, the system detected that there was a (hardware found an error enter power managment)which i did enter and upon entering the.. XFAN MONITORX... section displayed the following.......

chassis fan speed xxxxRpm [err]
power fan speed xxxxRpm [err]
Vcore voltage 2.0 [err]

I entered the ignore keys for all these errors and it did the trick,but what i was wondering is how to fix this problem? :D

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
There are fan headers on your mobo that detect fan speeds. The errors are reported becasue the specs aren't within defined limits. This may be becasue you don't have fans plugged into these headers. Either move your fans so they are connected to these fan headers (they should be labeled), or disable the detection in BIOS.

The voltage issue is a little different. I suspect the default range is just set incorrectly. Again, there should be an adjustment for this in BIOS. Look for a menu title like "power and hardware monitoring".