Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Ipod Restore issues

• Please log in to reply

Eriwain

Eriwain

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all.
I am in the UK.
I have an Ipod video that needs restoring. It is currently in disc mode, showing the "please connect to itunes" screen.
I connected it to my Macbook, but I cant get Itunes to connect to the internet. I use airport to connect to the network wirelessly. It is a Speedtouch router and the ISP is AOL. I have had this problem for a while. I cannot connect to the Itunes store, the Apple updater or the Facebook photo uploader from this address. I have used all of these programs sucseesfully in the past at a completely differnent address on the same computer.
I have also tried to connect the ipod to our main Windows PC. I updated Itunes last night, and plugged in the ipod today. It is tempermental as to whether it loads itunes in the first place, when it does it doesnt acknowledge the ipod eing connected. I have tried several different usb ports and two different ipod cables. it does show up in the safely remove hardware menu, and it charges as normal. The PC runs Windows XP.

Thats everything I can think of now, if you need any further information from me, please tell me. I might need some instruction on the more complicated menus though...
All help is appreciated! I have a half hour walk into work each day, and I could really do with some background music:)
Thanks in Advance!

Emily

Advertisements