Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trash? or Treasure?

• Please log in to reply

tremanrolls679

tremanrolls679

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have a big problem and I am hoping some of you can help me fix it.

1st. I need a new PC for my room for schoolwork and I don't really have $1,000 dollars to spend on anything good.

2nd. I do have 3 old Windows PCs in my basement and was wondering if I could use all of these to make me one good computer.

3rd. I am pretty good with computers but not completely good with all the lingo.

Please PLEASE Please
HELP!
:) :) :) ;) :)
thanks

-broke and computerless....stilll

Advertisements

TechSabre

TechSabre

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Well, firstly we need to establish some facts about the old computers in your basement and from there we can work out if they are worthy of rebuilding/restoring, if we need to make some adjustments or if they are not worth doing anything to.

Could you include the system specs of these systems? Also, how old are they?

Just one thing first - be prepared to spend a few dollars here and there if you have to :)

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Yeah, if you can post the specs we should be able to help you out.

How good a system do you want? If you don't want a gaming system you can get a fairly decent one for $6-700.