Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Outlook won't open

• Please log in to reply

Evelinda

Evelinda

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
When I click on the outlook link, I get the hourglass, and then nothing happens. The hourglass just goes away. I work from my home, and have a bunch of materials I need on my email, so I'd rather not uninstall it. Is there a way to get my e-mail open without losing everything? I need this asap, I have a story due in 3 hours.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
First of all backup your addresses and stored Office Outlook documents. To backup run this process: Click My Computer > Local disk C: > documents and settings > local settings > application data > Microsoft. Among the folders you will see Outlook. Copy the entire folder and paste it to safe place.

If you don't see Local Disk etc., click tools (in the menus above, in My Computer) > folder options > view. Check "Show hidden files and folders" > Apply >OK

After backing up the data open Outlook and click Help > Identification and repair (It may be somewhat different, this is a free translation from my language). Place your Office CD in the drive and run the repair.

If not successful, uninstall Office in Control Panel > Add/Remove programs. Reinstall Office.

Repair and Reinstall of Office do not harm any of your Office documents. Still like we did with Outlook, it's always safer to backup your data.