Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Language Pack BSOD

• Please log in to reply

paulwk

paulwk

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I just let Vista install some updates, and I came back to be greeted by a blue screen, saying the error was "Windows did not find any installed, licensed language packs for the system default UI language" But the thing is that I put recommended updates, and it's already in English so why would Vista install extra language packs? Is there a way to fix this? It says to put in my Vista CD and select "repair", but I only have restore CDs and I don't see an option to "repair." I can't even get in through safe mode or last working configuration, it still says the error. I really don't wanna wipe the HDD clean, is there a way to fix this? Would getting a regular copy of Vista let me repair it?
This is Vista Home Premium SP1, btw.
Thanks guys

Advertisements