Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can disable touchpad ' tap to click - at last!

• Please log in to reply

Jules52

Jules52

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
:) Toshiba Equium laptop. Windows Vista.

Today, In my C drive I found Toshiba/drivers/touchpad and in this a folder for the Alps driver. Running the progam DPInst in this folder installed the Alps Touchpad. Right-click on the notification area touchpad icon, select Control Panel, Advanced, Advanced Feature Settings, Pointer Speed and Tapping Settings, uncheck enable tapping. At last after 6 months I have finally removed the very annoying tap to click! All that remains now is for me to retrain myself to stop tapping! The great news is that I will no longer be involuntarily opening all sorts of programs, menu commands etc by mistake, causing me no end of problems and annoyance.

Advertisements