Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Audio Device

• Please log in to reply

haveacigar91

haveacigar91

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi,

after going through many trials, tribulations, and attempts to fix my computer, i was left with only one option, to fully restore it back to factory settings. i thought this would cleanse all of my problems. now i have no sound.

i have tried running services.msc and windows audio is correctly enabled.

it is likely to be a missing sound driver, but i have no clue how to determine where i can get this said driver.

i think it is important to note that it appears that none of my usb ports in the front or back of my computer are active.

any help would be appreciated. thanks :)

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Give use some information about your machine. You can install Everest Home Edition and it will tell you what devices you have. Some newer machines require special drivers from Microsoft in addition to the device drivers.

haveacigar91

haveacigar91

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
i have attached a txt file of my everest report.

Attached Files

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
I think you are going to need to install this before the device will work, or even show to the other drivers.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888111

After you've installed these if the sound doesn't come up, reboot and run Everest again to get an actual device part number.

haveacigar91

haveacigar91

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I think you are going to need to install this before the device will work, or even show to the other drivers.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888111

After you've installed these if the sound doesn't come up, reboot and run Everest again to get an actual device part number.

i dont see a download link on that page to install anything. pardon me if ive overlooked it :)

haveacigar91

haveacigar91

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
just an update, i got sound to work by getting the correct soundmax drivers and installing them. the usb ports still dont work, does anyone know where to get those drivers?

by the way, the computer is a Lenovo 3000 J115 7387-26U running Windows XP Home Edition