Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Increasing the Temporary File Size

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
How do I increase my temporary file size? I am in the middle of burning a project and found that when I try to burn it, I get this message from Nero telling me that I have 2207 MB available but that I need 4249 MB. These are the steps I have already tried: 1) Using Computer Clean-up to empty my temp files 2) Using Tune-up to clean up files (I gained about 446MB) and 3) Restarting my computer.

My computer has 2.15 GB of free space (which is why I need to start burning projects and getting them off the hard drive).

I get the same error message about not enough temp file space even after restarting my computer.

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
It looks like you are attempting to burn a DVD and that nero wants to cache it first thus required aprox 4.3 GB of space, if you only have 2.15 that will keep giving problems for you.

I would try and get a 2gb or 4gb usb mem stick and temporarely move data to that to allow you to burn to the DVD or alternatively burn a few CDs first.

Cant really think of anything else at the moment.