Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Password Reset Disk

• Please log in to reply

periwinkle

periwinkle

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
So, after telling you all that I cannot remember my password or admin name (which sounds absurd, but I must've really created something so that no one would know what it was - including me!) I visited a Microsoft site that tells how to create a password reset disk, but when I try to copy the info to a disk in my writer drive, my own computer does not give me the option to write to my E drive (which is my DVD and CD burner drive). Go figure! I can see the drives when I open up My Computer, but for some reason they "disappear" in the User Accounts Forgotten Password Wizard.

And no, I'm not a child. I'm a 43 year old woman, but since you can't see that, I guess you have to prevent any possible legal ramifications.

I wish I had not followed the advice of a computer nerd friend of mine. While it would seem to be sound advice, if I cannot even control my own computer, this is a huge problem!

What is going on with my computer? Why isn't it recognizing my burn drive?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The password reset disk is a floppy disk, not a CD disk. You cannot create a reset disk without use of a floppy drive and a blank floppy disk and you cannot use a CD to do the same job.