Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

missing windows config

• Please log in to reply

rmorey

rmorey

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My computer says windows could not successfully start due to a hardware or software change. it won't allow me to start in safe mode, when i say to go to last known good config it tells me it the following file is missing or corrupt: windows\system32\config\system
It was preinstalled by emachines when i bought the computer and I do have three restore disks. When I use them it says all data has been installed and it reboots computer, but it always goes back to the same message. does anyone have any help for me?

thanks Robin M

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Check this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545

rmorey

rmorey

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the info I went there but so far I am having no luck. It looks like my info is in the hard drive but for some reason it is not registering it. I'm lost!