Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nero Problems

• Please log in to reply

periwinkle

periwinkle

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
I have been trying to burn a project using Nero, but Nero keeps telling me I don't have enough space in my temp file. I don't know how to increase the space. I already asked this question, but have received no replies. In the meantime, I decided I would try to burn the project using my slave drive. My slave drive used to be main hard drive, so it has Nero installed on it. However, when I tried to open Nero it gave me some guff about not being able to open it because I have a newer version, blah blah blah. So I uninstalled both instances of Nero. I had to use the Nero Clean Tool, as the Uninstaller that came with it would not uninstall it. It kept saying there was a newer version. I had Nero on my C: drive and on my slave drive (J). Both instances of Nero are now gone.

I wanted to burn the project on my slave drive because it has more room on it than my main hard drive. It has 5 GB of free space, while my main hard drive only has 1.86GB of free space. Yet, when I go to reinstall Nero, it automatically reinstalls it to the C: drive. Is there some way I can tell it to install it to the Slave drive?

The only other option I can think of is to move a bunch of files from C: to J: and try to recoup space that way. I don't want to have to go out and buy more space. It seems like I should be able to do this without having to buy a flash drive.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
I suppose the ultimate question is how big is the project file going to be? If it's more than 5Gb then it isn't going to have enough room regardless of where you install it.

periwinkle

periwinkle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
Disk capacity of my hard drive is no longer a problem. I've solved this one. I was able to clean up some files and now have enough capacity - about 27 GB to work with. The project is only 4GB. My newest problem is that I tried to burn the project, but it failed. I don't know if I have the wrong kind of blank DVD disks. I have blank DVD-R disks, and my burner specs say I can Write Max: 4x DVD±R, 2.4x DVD+RW, 2x DVD-RW. When I start the project, it chooses fastest speed. I assume Nero will write at the fastest speed my burner is able to write. Could this be the problem?