Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my cyberlink youcam is a pro only problem to be solved

• Please log in to reply

marquis1377

marquis1377

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i recently did a hp system recovery to my hp pavillion dv6700 laptop. as far as i know my built in webcam worked fine-now it dont. i open the program and i get this caution box,

quote- cannot connect to this video device(usb camera).please select another capture device via settings or close any application
that may be using this video device and restart youcam

i cannot access settings on the youcam box to toggle anything.

okay i contact hp online support, and they give me the file download for the driver and software. i install both, restart my computer, and im still having the same problem.

then i went to run>device management>imaging devices>usb camera. i disabled the usb camera, waited 2 minutes and then enabled it back-still the same problem.

if you think youre geek enough to solve this problem, then you get real respect.

Advertisements

LadyTrouble

LadyTrouble

• Pip
  • 1 posts
oh wow,no one's answered this yet. I'm having the same exact problem too. Frustrating!!!!

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
LadyTrouble-

Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

Please don't resurrect old posts. Instead, please start your own post in the appropriate forum. A volunteer will be along to help you shortly.