Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Card reader not working & drive letters gone

• Please log in to reply

FlaSunshine

FlaSunshine

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:)

Card reader didn't work when I inserted an SD card and the USB port didn't recognize camera when plugged in to it. The power light is on so I don't think it's dead.The drive letters no longer show up in "My Computer" . Use to have at least 4 . I haven't done a restore and I downloaded XP Pro service pack 3 last week. Could that be the problem? The system is only 3 months old. Custom built. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Edited by FlaSunshine, 25 July 2008 - 10:42 PM.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Are there any errors or warnings in device manager?
Are you tried other USB ports?

FlaSunshine

FlaSunshine

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I retried the USB port and it works- but it the SD card reader doesn't. I've tried a couple of cards. They don't feel like they are "plugging" in like when you put them in your camera. I never used the other 2 slots so I don't know if they work. The drive letter for the USB port only shows when I plugged into it. Before it was listed along with the 3 others in My Computer. :)

Thanks for getting back to me & I just checked my mail so I'm late answering -