Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

tracking cookie

• Please log in to reply

murimuri

murimuri

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
alright! thanks. but eh, btw, how do i remove the other random stuff? like the .reg .dat stuff?

eg.
Silent Runners, gmer, OTMoveIT2, lop (folder), remlop, OTScanIt, Fixmur (reg). xppubiz (reg), Mountpoints Diagnostic (MSDOS Batch File)

do I just delete them?

Advertisements

Cookiegal

Cookiegal

Visiting Consultant

• Visiting Consultant
  • 889 posts
  • Double-click OTMoveIt2.exe to run it. (Vista users, please right-click on OTMoveit2.exe and select "Run as an Administrator")
  • Click on the CleanUp! button
  • A list of tool components used in the cleanup of malware will be downloaded.
  • If your firewall or real-time protection attempts to block OtMoveit2 to reach the Internet, please allow the application to do so.
  • Click Yes to begin the cleanup process and remove these components, including this application which will delete itself.
  • You will be asked to reboot the machine to finish the cleanup process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.
Let me know what was not removed after running this please.

murimuri

murimuri

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
right, ehm

lop folder, remlop.bat, fixmur, mountpoints diagnostic, and xppubwiz

are not deleted yet. can I just permenantly delete them? or will there still be some traces left?

Cookiegal

Cookiegal

Visiting Consultant

• Visiting Consultant
  • 889 posts
To delete Silent Runners just delete this file: Silent Runners.vbs

To delete Gmer go to Start - Run - type in the following.

Start C:\WINDOWS\gmer_uninstall.cmd

For fixmur, mountpoints diagnostic, the Lop folder and remlop.bat you can just drag them to the recycle bin.

As for xppubwiz, I did not have you download this.

murimuri

murimuri

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
ah! oh okay okay okay! thanks thanks! :)

Cookiegal

Cookiegal

Visiting Consultant

• Visiting Consultant
  • 889 posts
You're welcome. :)