Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nero Burning of DVD/Movie DVD's

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
I have converted a stand-alone VCR to DVD which results in a vob. file structure. I then use Nero 7 Ultra to burn said movie to disk. The resuiltant file is a TS_ . I managed to use Nero to edit the movie and make one burned copy on a DVD-R. Here is the problem. Last night I tried to burn anoother copy right off the original, by opening the TS_ file and Nero went through the recoding process, and then speed testing process, and 95% through the burn process I got advisement that the "burn process has failed. I ended up throwing out three DVD's. I did manage to save a copy of the burn log, which I don't really think you would have time to look over, and its all greek to me, but if that is one way for you to help me in this problem, I would be more than glad to paste the log on my next reply.

The size of the edited TS_ file is 4.28 GB. The disc I used was a Verbatim DVD-R Recordable which indicates up to 8X, the speed at which I burned the movie with a capacity of 4.7 GB or 120 min video. Could it be that the movie is too long.

Your advice and help appreciated

waynf

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Can you not use the original file that made the DVD in the first place, your VOB file?
Can you not copy the contents disk-to-disk if you have more than one DVD drive?

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
I can't use the original file have to use Nero to recode it in order for it to play on most DVD players, however I tried again today and burned one on a DVD-RW and it turned out pretty good, however I selected 8x but the burner wrote the movie at 4x resulting in some skips and freezes on the finished copy. Is there any reason for this. However I will try and do it the same way this time using a DVD+R that is 8x compatible and see how it works out.

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
I have successfully burned TS_ on DVD+R 8x compatible, with slight image blurring, but successful on the most part,]

Maybe I have going about this the wrong way. I originally burned vob. files on Nero because it converted it into TS_ which I was able to watch on DVD/CD player, whereas it would not play movies in vob. state. If there was some other way or program that I could use to convert the vob. to a format that I could watch on my DVD/TV I would have.

Your additional advice in these matters would be much appreciated.