Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

YouTube Vids!

• Please log in to reply

eeZeE!?

eeZeE!?

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello all!!

First off let me just say i'm very pleased to have found your site, as these look like very helpful forums! Anyway, here goes:

Well my problem concerns YouTube.com as the title bar suggests.. I'm not sure if i'm aloud to ask about this since it's another site, but i'm going to try my luck none the less. Recently i have been getting alot of the "We'r sorry, this video is no longer available" message. Now i know they haven't been deleted for a fact, because i've checked with some friends that they can play videos which i have been prompted to be deleted. I'm guessing this has something to do with some registry issues or maybe spyware? But i don't really know how to fix it.. Would anyone here know??

Thanks in advance for any help!!
Matt.

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Have you tried it in a different browser? Can you post a link of one that you are having a problem with?

eeZeE!?

eeZeE!?

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello coachwife6 ;)

Sorry i forgot to inform you that i'm using FireFox. I have tried IE aswell and sometimes they work on IE. However i want to be able to play the videos on Mozilla and it's quite baffling since they used to work fine :)

Here are some links that don't work for me;

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Friends have sent me these links to veiw but i can't because it tells me they have been deleted :)

Help!! :)
Matt.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Are all your windows updates up to date including flash, shockwave, etc.?

I can see these videos.

Are there permissions set on your computer, ie: is it your parent's computer and they have put permissions on it?

What are your security options in IE or firefox? They may be set too high.

You might even clear out your cache, close down your browser and open it again.

eeZeE!?

eeZeE!?

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello again :)

I'm admin on this computer and all the other computers on the network.

I have cleared cache || Updates up to date! .. Well as for the security it's still standard as i have never changed it since i used Firefox ..

Here's the tricky part! I am able to view the videos today? I have no idea what's going on but this might also help;

Randomly, when i open my browser, Google asks me to fill in a required field with some letters because their site suspects me to be infected with malware? Yet today it's not doing it either. So i can't take a screenshot..

I understand i may start to be an annoyance at this point haha.. Therefore, Should i just stop bothering you and hope that the system stays as is at the moment or is there something wrong that needs to be fixed here? :)

Matt.

Edited by eeZeE!?, 28 July 2008 - 08:16 AM.

eeZeE!?

eeZeE!?

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Aww!

More trouble :) Something funky is definitely going on!!

I tried fixing my registry using Uniblue Registry Fixer and for the first time since i have been using the program i am getting a runtime error.. Screen shot follows:
Posted Image

In my free time i also like to relax and play a few games on my PC. However, as of yesterday my Call of Duty 4 is acting funny..It's takign a long while to load then It's giving me a file write error claiming my hard disk is full, yet i have over 200 GB left? Screenshot as follows:
Posted Image

Matt.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
1. You are not bothering me.
2. I am not a huge fan of registry fixers. They have their purpose.
3. If it was working OK yesterday before you started tinkering with it more, can you restore it back to the date it was working much better?

Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools.
Click on System Restore and follow the instructions. LMK how it works. :)

eeZeE!?

eeZeE!?

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
haha thanks :) You're so nice!

Well i havn't made any adjustments to anything, i just ran a Full system scan using my Bit Defender, then used Spybot S&D to check for spyware, uniblue registry fixer and uniblue's speedupmypc..

But i these are really a weekly routine i have... Its all random.. game work's fine sometimes, other times it doesn't.. Same with my IE and youtube... my registry fixer still refuses to work however, ever after system restore..

Maybe i should just reinstall it?

eeZeE!?

eeZeE!?

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
:)

Question; is it normal for my harddisk to be running on a constant 75 R/w!?

Edited by eeZeE!?, 30 July 2008 - 10:43 AM.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I would uninstall the registry fixer, IMO.

I don't know the answer to your second question. Can you run a hijack this log and place it in this topic? We usually don't do that but let me have a look to see if anything fishy is going on.