Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spyware Blaster detected as spyware on Avira Premium

• Please log in to reply

xxmaxixx

xxmaxixx

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Im using up-to-date spyware blaster(4.1) and the spyware issues keeps bothering me. Is it safe to use spywareblaster now or i shld remove from my com?

Advertisements

TechSabre

TechSabre

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Hello :)

There has been a recent issue with SpywareBlaster and AVG 8 - I am not sure weather this issue has effected Avira though.

What exactly is the issue? Is Avira detecting SpywareBlaster as a rogue suspect/infection or is it picking up hazardous ActiveX controls?

Either way it's a false positive on Avira's end.

Edited by TechSabre, 26 July 2008 - 07:47 PM.

xxmaxixx

xxmaxixx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Hello,

Avira detected it as an infection. So id jus ignore the avira issues. Thx for replying and clearing my doubt.

TechSabre

TechSabre

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
I checked on Google and some other forums and it seems that no one has reported this issue - therefore it must be very recent.

I want you to try this:

1. Uninstall SpywareBlaster.
2. Once SpywareBlaster has been uninstalled, scan with Avira again - post your results.

You may have downloaded a SpywareBlaster installation that had been injected with malicious code and Avira is picking this up. Could you tell me exactly where you got the installation file? Also, I recommend you submit this file to VirusTotal and see if any other scanners detect malicious code - post these results aswell.

Edited by TechSabre, 27 July 2008 - 02:57 AM.

RatHat

RatHat

Ex Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 7,829 posts
xxmaxixx,

Malware, or suspected Malware problems should only be dealt with by fully trained personnel, and the problem posted in the Malware Forum. If you suspect that you may have an infection, please post about it here.

Do not accept advice from people who have not completed a recognized anti malware training program.