Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Netgear WGT624v3 DHCP/DMZ configuration help

• Please log in to reply

theghost1013

theghost1013

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok i am a total networking noob. basically my problem is with the Netgear WGT624v3 and that when i try to connect to the playstation network it will connect for several minutes then disconnect. all the devices connected to my network are recognised by my router and is running fine, it just seems to be a configuration problem for my playstation.
if i understand it correctly this particular router has problems with upnp and ps3's, anyway i have upnp enabled and its not doing its job. so the thing i want to do really is to disable dhcp on my router and set up static ip addresses on each device, but i dont know how to disable my router form being a dhcp server? i know how to set up static IP addresses on each device that is fine. but i want to set up a dmz and forward it to my ps3 device. that is another thing i do not know how to do either.
the last thing is the encryption key. i do not know what type of encryption i am using and i do not know how to retrive the key. i am reluctant to change any of my routers setup without the encryption key. i will also need help on how to set up my netgear software to input the correct encryption key if i need to set a new key in my router.
will i also need to input the device IP into my router configuration? if so how do i do it? im also assuming mac addressing is disabled by default, if any different can you please explain?
can you also explain how i find out my SSID address? and if it is broadcasting or not?

my friend wrote this post for me and sent it via a word document in msn. he was reluctant to help me as he is not all that familiar with netgear hardware and if i lost my connection to the net is totally unable to help me. if anyone has time could they give a step by step guide.

cheers

Advertisements