Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

monitor-----no signal

• Please log in to reply

leobb

leobb

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
hi, i will just go straight to the problem

For the first few times when i switch on my computer every day,

after 1 or 2 minutes, the monitor showed "no signal"

then i tried to unplug the monitor and replug again

sometimes that will work, sometimes it wont

while the monitor is not working, i tried to reboot the computer

it will hv a wired "bip sound" it is like a long bip + a short bip

just for ur additional information,

recently i hv a ram that is malfunction but i have removed it already

and becoz of the construction work of my house

i hv unplug all the wire and move the computer to another position

thx

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Most bios beep codes state that a long and short beep is usually memory or Video problem. Award bios says you will have i long and 2 short beeps for video. AMI bios just states its a motherboard problem. Without any system spec's its hard to say if your video card could be going bad or maybe your power supply is not providing enough power. You can check your voltages on most motherboards with Speedfan. Half a volt low on the 12 volt line and 3 tenths on the 5 volt line could be the cause of your problem. Otherwise it's just a matter of replacing parts until its fixed. First start with a new data cable to the monitor. Does it still do this if you use a different monitor? If you have a video card can you reseat the card to see if that fixes the problem?

SRX660