Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop Powers Off by itself - No Error Messages

• Please log in to reply

pandora13

pandora13

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I recently bought this used laptop about a month ago (although it was re formatted when I got it) I have barely used it and it started powering off randomly. It first happened while i was running a powerpoint slideshow .. i thought it was that program at first, but then it started doing it again just randomly ... could be 5 min or could be 5 days. It is always plugged in on my desk beside my main computer, so it hasn't been moved or unplugged or anything. It really acted up the other day, so i restored it back to the day i got it and it slowed down the times between turning off. There are never any error messages before powering off - just sitting there and then off - ..... or after i restart it either. Its so bizarre. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks in advance!!

Advertisements

pandora13

pandora13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
anybody?

cry8wolf9

cry8wolf9

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i had that happen with min too i ended updating the bios and that solved the problem

it also could be over heating mine shuts off when it reaches a certain temp (so i can never play bioshock on this computer lol)